PO Box 606, Edinger Drive
DeWitt, NY 13214
Phone: (315) 445-5274
Fax: (315) 445-8419
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
CEEB Code: 331615
*****June 5, 2020 Update: Please refer to the appropriate notice in the HELPFUL INFORMATION list to the right for information for Seniors regarding Cap & Gown and Yearbook distribution and for Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors regarding materials return and yearbook distribution*******
Dear Jamesville-DeWitt High School Students and Families,
We hope you are well and staying safe. While we are not able to be in school, know that your School Counseling team is still here for you. Though we do not know when classes will resume, we are looking forward to seeing you again once we are able to return to school. We know that it is difficult for all of us to be less connected with our friends, classmates and teachers. If you have any concerns or questions, or would just like to update us on how you are doing, please reach out to your counselor via email. If you have a question regarding a specific class assignment or specific class question, please email your classroom teacher.
Some keys to successful online learning are time management, balance and persistence. Here are tips for being successful:
- Make a schedule and stick to it--even a simple "to do list" helps us stay on track!
- Create a study space where you can be comfortable and focussed
- Stick to one task at a time...break up larger assignments into smaller chunks
- Stay well rested--try to keep a healthy bedtime and awake time
- Take breaks from your work to maintain a sense of balance
- Eliminate distractions while doing your schoolwork
- Keep track of your assignments with a planner, calendar or "to do" list
- Stay in touch with your teachers via email or Google Classroom
- Reach out to your friends, your parents, your school counselor, social worker or psychologist--we all miss social interaction!
- Get outside...at a safe distance!
Stay safe, and if you need anything please email us!
--School Counselors-Mrs. Ennis, Mrs. Bond, Mr. Gualtieri, Ms. Becher, Mrs. LeStrange
--School Social Worker-Mr. Hartley
--School Psychologist-Mrs. Howe