1. The Jamesville-DeWitt reopening plan was created with input from a variety of constituents and stakeholders.
The Reopening Committee members include: Superintendent, Assistant Superintendents, Business Administrator, Principals, Assistant Principals, Directors (PPS, Health, Athletics, and PE, Food Service, Transportation, Facilities, Technology), Assistant Directors and Medical Director.
Subcommittees were utilized as needed and included various staff members.
Input from the community and high school students was provided via ThoughtExchange and surveys.
2. The school and/or district developed a communications plan for students, parents or legal guardians of students, staff, and visitors that includes applicable instructions, training, signage, and a consistent means to provide individuals with information.
Jamesville-DeWitt will utilize the following methods of communication to ensure regular and informational communications with the public:
Communication Method; Responsible Party
District website: dedicated page for reopening; Administration/Communications
Prominent signage in buildings to promote health & safety guidelines that follow NYSDOH and CDC guidance: printed signs, digital signage, vinyl decals on floors, as needed; Administration/Communications
Board of Education meetings; Administration/Communications
Emails to families and students; Administration/Building Principals
Letters sent home from district; Administration/Building Principals
Public forums; Administration/Communications
All communications methods outlined above may be utilized by the district, in addition to:
Communication Method; Responsible Party; Frequency
All staff email lists; All Administration; As needed
Newsletters, print and digital; Communications/Superintendent; 3x/year
Direct supervisor communications: phone calls and texts; Building Principals; As needed
Letters home, if necessary; Superintendent or Building Principals; As needed
Staff meetings; Building Principals; Monthly or as needed
3. The school and/or district will ensure all students are taught or trained how to follow new COVID-19 protocols safely and correctly, including but not limited to hand hygiene, proper face covering wearing, social distancing, and respiratory hygiene.
Jamesville-Dewitt provides instructions via direct instruction and with signage from the CDC Toolkit for Schools to all students, parents/guardians and staff, contractors and vendors on:
The proper way to wear face coverings;
Washing hands before putting on and after removing their face covering;
Proper way to discard disposable face coverings;
The importance of routine cleaning of reusable face coverings; and
Face coverings are for individual use only and should not be shared.
Training will be provided:
In class and remotely
Using direct instruction
Utilizing videos and print resources such as those provided by the CDC in its Toolkit for K-12 Schools
4. The school and/or district will encourage all students, faculty, staff, and visitors through verbal and written communication (e.g., signage) to adhere to CDC and DOH guidance regarding the use of PPE, specifically acceptable face coverings, and social distancing requirements.
5. Additionally, the district will provide copies of this document in the language(s) spoken at home as requested. Written plans are also accessible to those with visual and/or hearing impairments.
6. Jamesville-DeWitt provides regular updates about safety, scheduling, and all other information families should be aware of on the district website, www.jamesvilledewitt.org. Families can also provide feedback and ask questions by contacting Mr. Peter Reyes, email@example.com, 315-445-8300 or your building principal.
Mr. Reyes or building principals can answer questions regarding COVID-19 from: