Skip to main content
district home page calendar  lunch menus  myschoolbucks  schooltool  Tipline 

Student Registration

Dear Parent/Guardian:
Jamesville-DeWitt Central School District uses a centralized registration process at the District Office by appointment.  Please call our Registrar, Janene Kascha at 315-445-8300 to schedule an appointment.  The District Office is located at 6845 Edinger Drive, DeWitt, New York.  (Follow the signs to the District Office).  The office is open weekdays from 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., September through June.  Summer hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (Monday through Thursday) and 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Friday).

Please print out and complete the Student Registration Form and the Home Language Questionnaire (located under "Downloads") and bring both forms, along with (1) documentation of student's age, (2) identification of the parent(s), person(s) in parental relation or child and (3) proof of residency.  An explanation of the required documentation is listed below.  Please bring these documents to the District Office.  
Documentation of Student’s Age:
A.   Original Birth Certificate (i.e., a certified transcript of a birth certificate)
B.   Baptismal Certificate

Where a certified transcript of a birth certificate or a record of baptism giving the date of birth is available, no other form of evidence may be used to determine a child’s age. If neither of these documents is available, then a:
C.   Passport may be used to determine a child’s age.
If a birth certification, baptismal certificate or passport is unavailable, then other documentary or recorded evidence in existence two years or more (excluding an affidavit of age) may be considered, including but not limited to the following:[i]
a.   Official driver’s license
b.   State or other government issued identification
c.   School photo identification with date of birth
d.   Consulate identification card
e.   Hospital or health records
f.   Military dependent identification card
g.   Federal, state or local agency documentation (i.e. social service agency,
      federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
h.   Court orders or other court-issued documents
i.    Native American tribal document
j.   Non-profit international aid agency and voluntary agency documentation
Identification of the Parent(s), Person(s) in Parental Relation or Child:
A.    Driver’s License
B.    Passport
If a driver’s license or passport is unavailable, other documentation identifying the child’s parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation may be provided, including but not limited to the following:
a.   Affidavit indicating that they are the parent(s) with whom the child lawfully reside.
b.   Affidavit indicating that they are the person(s) in parental relation to the child over whom they
      have total and permanent custody and control and describing how they obtained total
      and permanent custody and control, whether through guardianship or otherwise.
c.   Documentation indicating that the child resides with a sponsor with whom the child
      has been placed by a federal agency.
Proof of Residency Documentation -- may include, but is not limited to, the following:
A.    Residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condo (e.g., deed or mortgage statement)
        and utility bill;
B.    Statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parents(s) or persons(s)
       in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district
(see NOTE below).;
C.    Statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relationship’s
       physical presence in the district
(see NOTE below).
NOTE:  If  the parent/guardian is providing a statement by a third-party (as identified in items “b” or “c” above), the third party needs to provide their proof of residency as identified in item “a” above in addition to a statement with their signature notarized.  The statement should identify the people residing with them and the conditions under which they are residing there.  Additionally, the parent/guardian should provide documents (4 documents recommended), including but not limited to the items listed below, establishing physical presence in the District:
a.   Pay Stub
b.   Income tax form
c.   Utility or other bills
d.   Membership documents based upon residency (i.e. library cards)
e.   Voter registration document
f.   Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification
g.   State or other government issued identification
h.   Federal, state or local agency documentation (i.e. social service agency, federal Office of Refugee)
i.   Evidence of custody of the child (including but not limited to judicial custody orders or
     guardianship papers)
TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION:   It is assumed that the student(s) will be transported, if eligible, in accordance with District policy, from a bus stop near the primary residence as indicated on the enrollment form.  If you wish to request (1)  parent pick-up and/or drop off or (2) pick-up and/or drop-off from or to a location other than the primary residence, you must complete a Long Term Alternate Transportation form that can be obtained from any of the school building main offices or the District Office.
Once the registration process is complete at the District Office, you will be directed to the appropriate school building.  Additional information will be requested at the building level, including but not limited to immunization records.
Thank you.


[i] If the documentary evidence presented originates from a foreign country, the District may request verification of such documentary evidence from the appropriate foreign government or agency, consistent with the requirements of the federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (20 USC §1232g), provided that the student shall be enrolled and shall begin attendance on the next school day, or as soon as practicable. 

Student Registration Form
Home Language Questionnaire



Dr. Peter Smith, Superintendent

P.O. Box 606
DeWitt, NY 13214

Phone: (315) 445-8300

Developed by CNYRIC