The Jamesville-DeWitt Frameworks provide a comprehensive curriculum for all grade levels. Written in standard and benchmark form, this guide focuses our attention on the key concepts, generalization, principles, and strategies that our students should know and be able to do upon graduation.
In order to best use this document as a guide for teaching, it is important that certain terms be clearly defined. A standard articulates what a student should know and be able to do within a particular content domain. A standard runs K-12.
After each standard, five different levels are found. They are:
- Level I (kindergarten through second grade)
- Level II (third grade through fourth grade)
- Level III (fifth grade through eighth grade)
- Level IV (high school: required coursework)
- Level V (high school: honors courses and/or electives)
Within these levels are developmentally appropriate benchmarks.
All benchmarks are assigned a grade level. The assigned grade level is responsible for assessing the students’ knowledge of that benchmark.
Click on a subject to go to its curriculum.
English / Language Arts