Mrs. Bourcy's Language Arts Page
Welcome to 8th grade English language arts!
Check this page often for class announcements, updates, and due dates!
1) Reading bookmark due Friday, 10/20 2 1/2 hours. Pink conflict bookmark due this week.
Consider the five main types of conflict found in literature:
Person vs person
Person vs society
Person vs nature
Person vs self
Person vs fate
Where do we see these conflict types in The Wednesday Wars? How do they help move the story forward?
2) We will continue to read and respond to The Wednesday Wars this week. If you are absent, please stop by and borrow a copy of the book so that you can keep up with the reading and journal response activities. Incredibly, Holling's year has flown by. The Wednesday Wars journal will be collected next week! Please review it and make certain it is complete and each entry is your personal best.
3) This week's word talkers- please share your slides with me by Thursday.
4) Review new vocabulary daily for a few minutes. Try to use your new vocabulary in conversations & writing. QUIZ: early November
5) Memoir has begun! Rough draft due Monday, 10/23
"The more that you read, the more things that you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places that you'll go."
~ Dr. Seuss
Reminder: I am available for extra help during 1st and 5th periods....come see me if you have questions or need extra help. Also, if you would like to come for lunch, you are more than welcome!