Family ID Registration Instructions (OPEN THIS DOWNLOAD FOR INSTRUCTIONS)|
Physical dated on or after:
- Must have record of a current, valid physical exam on file in the nurse office. A current and valid physical means, within the past calendar year from the first day of the month in which practice begins for that sport season.
8/1/16 JV/V Fall Sports and Modified Football
9/1/16 All other modified Sport.
Family ID July 19-Aug 9 JV/V Fall Sports Registration
- Must be registered in Family ID – registration opens 30 prior to the start of the season.
July 29-Aug 23 Modified Football
Aug 7-Aug 28 All other Modified Sports
- Must be a registered Jamesville-DeWitt Central School District Student that resides in the district and meets all the NYSPHSAA eligibility standards.
1. CLICK ON THE "REGISTER NOW" LINK TO REGISTER ON FAMILY ID Registration:
Registration will be open during the dates listed below. (Per NY State regulations, health history information must be collected within 30 days of the start of each sport season.) It is very important that PARENTS read and follow the instructions provided.
FamilyID provides excellent customer support and posts their help line phone number and email address on each page. Please contact FamilyID directly if you encounter any difficulty.
2. SIGN UP NOW FOR J-D ATHLETICS EMAIL BLASTS!
JD email blast is a source of information about our school athletic department that comes in your email. JD email blasts will include the latest information about athletics, contest changes, booster club information, etc. To sign up for JD email blasts, please click on link:
3. Sports Physicals
New York State law requires all athletes to have a current physical on file with the school nurse. Physicals are only valid for one calendar year. All exam papers from your own doctor must be turned in to the building nurse by the above due dates to ensure that you may participate on the first day. Physicals received after the due date will require 24 hour processing before participation may be authorized. J-D Schools offered fall sports physicals in June.
Notes from the school nurses
- It is necessary for any athlete who has an anaphylactic allergy, asthma or diabetes to have his/her life saving medication (inhaler, Benadryl, Epi pen, glucagon and insulin) to have their medication with him/her on the first day of practice. He/she must also have the medical orders from his/her Medical Provider on file in the Health Office prior to the first day of practice. For safety reasons, no athlete will be allowed to participate without medication and orders on file. If he/she no longer needs medication, the school must have a written statement from a health care provider indicating that medication is no longer needed.
- If your student has a physical activity restriction in place at the end of the 2016-17 school year, he/she will need to be cleared by the physician’s office who wrote the restriction prior to participation in any physical activity for the 2017-17 school year.